Time Off—Vacation
空闲时光——度假
I haven't had a vacation in a while.
我有段时间没度假了。
I think I'll take one soon.
我想自己不久就会启程。
I'm not sure where I'll go or what I'll do.
我不了解我要去什么地方或我会干什么。
But I'm kind of leaning towards a place where I can go for long walks,
但我有点倾向一个可以长期散步的地方,
breathe fresh air and take some nice pictures.
呼吸新鲜空气,拍一些好看的照片。
When I was a kid, I really looked forward to vacations.
当我还是个小孩的时候,我真的非常期待假期。
Some of the vacations were the best.
有的假期是最好的。
It was a care free time.
那是完全自由的时间。
As I became older, I had to pay for my vacations.
而伴随我渐渐长大,我为我们的度假支付。
Planning became important.
计划变得尤为重要。
Time and money are always the big issues.
时间和资金一直大问题。
After having a family of my own, vacations are more complicated.
在我拥有了我们的家庭后,度假变得更为复杂。
If I go, my boss decides when.
假如我要去的话,我的老板决定何时动身。
My wife decides where, and my kids decide how.
我的老婆决定到哪儿去,而我的小孩们则决定如何去。
A vacation is supposed to be a time when you get away from work and recharge.
度假应该是一段你把注意力从工作中移开,并对自己进行充电的时间。
It's a time to see something new.
这是去看新事物的时候。
It's a time to extend your horizons, especially if you travel.
特别是假如你去旅游,这是扩展你的视线的时候。
But it's easy for the opposite to happen.
但比较容易发生相反的状况。
You can come back from a vacation feeling really tired.
你度假回来后会感觉真的非常累。
You can finish a vacation thinking “I can't wait to get back to work.”
你完成一个度假后会想“我等不及要回去工作了。”
And rather than extend your horizons,
而不是扩大你的视线,
you might merely dip into your bag.
你或许会握着你的荷包盘算。
Vacations aren't cheap.
度假真心并不实惠。
It's been a while since I had a vacation.
自从一个愉快的度假后已经有段时间了。
I might take one soon.
我可能非常快就会第三度假。