小孩是世界上最单纯、最好看的好的存在之一。他们大多数时候无忧无虑,但偶尔也会伤心难过。你听小孩说过的最让人难过的事是什么?这类小天使们的伤心故事让人心疼。
I have a neighbor. He shouts at his kids a lot. He has a close friend with a little girl, Mindy. Does this guy also shout at his kids a lot? I dont know...
我有个邻居,他常常大声骂小孩。他的一个好朋友有个小女儿,叫明迪,但我不了解那个人是不是也常常大声骂小孩……
The other day, my neighbors son Marco, 6, and Mindy, also 6, rang my door bell. Marco threw his monster ball on your balcony. We want to get it - if you wont be angry?
不久前,我邻居6岁的儿子马尔科和同岁的明迪按响了我的门铃。“马尔科把他的怪兽球扔到你家阳台了,大家想拿回它——你不会生气吧?”
Me: Of course I wont be angry. Come in.
我:当然不会生气。请进吧。
Mindy: Are you really not angry?
明迪:你真的没生气?
Me: No.
我:真的不会。
Mindy: When are you angry?
明迪:那你什么时间生气呀?
Me: Im never angry with kids.
我:我从不跟小孩生气。
Mindy: Really?
明迪:是不是真的?
Me: Yes.
我:真的。
Mindy: Never?
明迪:从来没?
Me: Never.
我:从来没。
Mindy: Not even if we do something wrong?
明迪:即便大家做错了也不生气?
Me: No. Id probably tell you it was wrong, but I wouldnt be angry.
我:不生气。我或许会对你说那是错的,但我不会生气。
Mindy looked at me, then repeated: You wont be angry with me?
明迪看着我,然后又说了一遍:“你真的不会跟大家生气?”
Me: I will never be angry with you.
我:我永远也不会跟你们生气。
She looked at me again, for a few seconds, then flung herself into my arms.
她又看了我几秒钟,然后飞扑进我的怀里。
I didnt even know her, before this. Theres no saying exactly what the background is, but I found it sad.
在此之前我从未知道过她。我说不准背后是什么原因,但我感觉这件事叫人非常难过。
In recent news, a man had entered into an electrified swimming pool to save his daughter and subsequently died from electrocution. His daughter survived.
近期有个新闻,有个男性进到一个通了电的游泳池去救他的女儿,随后他就触电死亡,但他的女儿活下来了。
My 5-year-old son looked wide-eyed as I read the report to my wife. Silence overtook the room for a moment and then in a still, small voice he said, Daddy, would you die for me?
当我给老婆念这条新闻的时候,我5岁的儿子睁大双眼看着我。一时间屋里一片寂静,过了一会儿,他平静而小声说道:“父亲,你会为我而死吗?”
Yes, of course.
“当然会。”
Tears welled up in his baby brown eyes. I would die for you, too.
他棕色的双眼里涌出了泪水。“我也会为你而死的。”
Needless to say, I swept him into my arms and broke down.
不需要多言,我把他拥进怀里,失声痛哭。
I was out all day, and didnt check in with my son, thinking at his age he wouldnt care what I was doing. I was wrong. He somehow got it into his head that I might have had an accident. And worse, since his father died, I am his only parent. He said to me later, in a tone that showed exactly how scared and hurt he was, that I had frightened him into thinking he now had no parents and was all alone in the world. Needless to say, I felt horrible and have vowed to check in if I am ever out later than expected.
我在外面呆了一整天,也没告诉我儿子,我感觉17岁的他不会在乎我在干什么。然而我错了。他莫名其妙地感觉我可能出事了。更糟糕的是,自从他父亲过世后,我是他唯一的家长了。他随后对我说,我吓得他以为自己没爸爸妈妈了、孤身一人活在世上,语气十分惊慌,非常是受伤的样子。不需要说,我感觉这非常可怕,并且发誓假如我比预想中要晚回家的话必然会向他报备。